Welcome to Finding the Beat, a 4-week course designed to help you overcome the number one challenge ALL new salsa dancers face: finding the beat in salsa music and dancing on time.
By the end of this course you will be able to…
- Better understand the structure of music
- Count music
- Hear the beat in salsa music
- Find the 1 in salsa music
- Stay on time while dancing salsa with much higher success
After hearing countless struggles and student requests for more info, I knew I had to make this course. It’s almost impossible to find good info on the internet on how to find the beat and develop a sense of salsa timing. In fact, most instructors skip it entirely. It’s insane.
You’re welcome to share the youtube playlists below with your friends. They’re 100% public and we’d love to help as many people as possible with this information!
- Week 1 – How to Count Non-Salsa Music
- Week 2 – How to Move to Non-Salsa Music
- Week 3 – How to Count Salsa Music
- Week 4 – How to Move to Salsa Music
- To browse the videos in the series, click the playlist icon on the first video below.
- At the end of each video there is a link to watch the next video.